Here are 7 interesting and low cost ways you could incorporate to convert your den in a haven of solace and peace. Decorating the home is not only an uphill task but is quite costly too. Redecorating seems an impossible task apart from once again going to empty your wallets. However, we tell you some 7 interesting and cost-effective ways to transform your homes into your dream homes.
Let us begin right away.
1. A stop and see focal point in the entryway: whenever you come home, there should be at least one place which takes all your stress and fatigue just with one look. It could be anything; an area rug, an art-piece, pictures of the loved ones etc. Whatever you place, you should love it.
2. Be a little more organized: we all love clean homes. Hence, it is our prime duty to keep the home as much clean as possible. Accepted that you do not have time but what you could do is to keep the things from where you picked them up. This will not only beautify your space but also save a lot of time wasted on reorganizing. This mantra has to be applied to your entire home and not just the living room or bedroom. Each and every corner should be kept clean and tidy.
3. Learn to create more space in less: A bedroom for e.g. requires a bed, a dressing, almirah, a small sofa or a couch for sure. However, if you are facing space crunch, an intelligent way to manage is to go for such headboards, which come with almirah, dressing etc. Today you will find many custom-made bed sets, which come with storage beds and headboard storage. Make use of light colored curtains or draperies. They even give a feeling of a bigger space.
4. Work upon the color scheme: work on creating a unified pattern in the entire room. Do not try for using as much colors as possible, it will only distract you and will not create the desired effect. Instead, follow the mantra- less is more.
5. Pay attention to what is underfoot: there are a variety of area rugs available in the market which could help you make your space look and feel more relaxing. The vast variety in these rugs help you achieve the look you desire at really affordable prices. You could even consider area rugs for different seasons as well.
6. Avoid repeating the texture: using different textures will help you add interest and drama to the space. If it is about the throw pillows on the sofa, use a mixture of fabrics like silk, chenille, leather and linen. This will not only look beautiful but also win you much appreciation from your guest. You could apply the same when it comes to choosing the curtains. This way you could create a soothing effect in the room and it is cost effective too. You need not think of changing the wall paint now.
7. Play with lighting: commonly, we use only one or two overhead fixtures for illuminating the entire room. Do not go for such an arrangement. Instead, plan it out properly. If you are fond of reading before going to sleep, go for spot lighting, which will not disturb your partner’s sleep. Proper lighting will also help you define the space visually.
So, you now must be aware as to how you could redecorate your homes even when you are tight on budget. Therefore, it is time to make the move now and transform your home into your dream home.