With the year of the horse coming, most Malaysian Chinese believe that having a child this year is auspicious. Children wise would really love to have a room of their own in which they can have fun in the meantime derive some sense of responsibility of keeping their room clean. When it comes to kid’s room, there are few things which you need to remember before you design. Children are usually buoyant and happy. This should be depicted in the design of the room. The ambience or the décor should make your kid happy; remember that children grow. You cannot expect your teenage child to sleep in a childish room. Therefore, consider all the things before you finalise the design. Let’s see few tips that may help you:
- This is your child’s room. You children would spend most of their time in this room, hence include their likes, dislikes and opinions when planning. Consult your child about the colour or a theme.
- Take one object and construct the theme around it. It could be anything from your kid’s favourite cartoon character to nature or aviation or fantasy. You could create an amazing design or décor depending on the theme.
- Use vibrant colours. This is very important. Kids do not like sober or dull colours rather they prefer vibrant and bright colours which includes light. You could work with colour shades with the theme giving the room an entirely new look.
- There are various prints and paints available on the market. You can use them to create unique impressions on the walls which gives a totally amazing look. You can use this on cabinets to create a better effect.
- Murals are even more effective when it comes to design. You could transform your kid’s room to any of the theme with murals depicting the story and your kid would live the story. It is a creative way to decorate the room.
- Ensure that the fabrics you use fits in with the colour and the theme without much problem. The prints and colours should match and gel with the rest of the room.
- Storage is another important criteria which you should think when you plan the décor. Use innovative storage ideas where your child can keep his books, toys, clothes and other stuff. Try to allot different cabinets for different things and make sure they follow it.
- Lighting also matters. Make sure that lights are placed strategically which brightness the room. Also ensure that the room gets maximum amount of natural sunlight. If necessary you could place lamp shades for better lighting.
Designing your kid’s room can be expensive at times, especially for single mom’s. We do understand your woes, therefore our next write-up will be on smart shopping generally to Kuala Lumpur folks out there. Stay tuned!