Save some moolah and DIY your very own bowls. The bowls can be used to store stationeries such as thumbtacks, paperclips, and small candies. These bowls can be personalized by using different scrapbook papers, making it even more fun!
What You Need
- Scrapbook paper
- Folding template
What To Do
1. Cut two pieces of 12×12 scrapbook paper down to the standard 8 ½ x 11 paper size. One piece will be the outer bowl and the second will the inner bowl.
2. Print the folding template on the back (unpatterned side) of both scrapbook papers.
3. Cut around the outside edge of the hexagon and along the red dotted lines as shown in the photo below.
4. Fold each printed line. The interior piece should be folded toward the patterned side of the paper while the exterior piece folds away from the patterned side.
5. Apply glue on all of triangle #1, then slide the triangle next to it over until two triangles overlap completely.
6. Repeat with all of the numbered triangles of the interior piece. Leave two sections unglued on the exterior piece so there’s space to insert the interior piece.
7. Spread glue on the white side of the paper of the interior piece, then fit it into the exterior piece by pressing firmly and smoothing everything out. Glue the remaining exterior flaps closed.
8. Trim extra edges along the opening for a neat look.
Enjoy using your DIY bowls!
Steps and images from The Craft Patch