Photo frames collect dust, something which is not desirable for a lot of households. However, you can still have your family pictures ‘framed’ up without using actual photo frames.
Here are the steps to draw your own photo frame!
What You Need
- A stencil
- Black Sharpie
- Silver Sharpie
- Freezer paper
- Wooden plate
- White paint
- Sawtooth hanger
What To Do
1. Trace around the stencil onto the freezer paper.
2. Cut following the outline.
3. Trace the pattern on the wall using a pencil.
4. Trace over the pencil outline using a black Sharpie.
5. Draw another inner outline to make it look like a picture frame.
6. Paint the wooden plate white and let dry.
7. Draw a herringbone stripe on the plate using a silver Sharpie.
8. Mount the plate within the wall frame using a sawtooth hanger.
For Design Inspirations
Look at the pictures below for some design inspirations!
Images to illustrate the steps are from Better Homes & Gardens.