Coasters are easy to make. As long as it’s something that protects surfaces from water stains from wet cups or bottles, it is a coaster. However, the usual coasters found in shops may have become boring because they are usually made from cork or thick felt.
In this DIY today, you get to print your favourite Instagram pictures and use them as beautiful coasters! They make great gifts too 🙂 Now you have another way to commemorate your awesome holidays whether it’s with family or friends.
What You Need!
- Ceramic tiles
- Printed Instagram Photos
- Matte Mod Podge
- Clear Acrylic Sealer
- Foam Brush
- Felt Pads
What To Do!
1. Cut photos to fit a ceramic tile.
2. Apply a layer of mod podge on the back of photo and press firmly onto the tile. Use a credit card to help smooth out bubbles.
3. Add another layer of mod podge glue on the front of the photo but be aware of your brushstrokes. The strokes are slightly visible once it dries.
4. Apply the glue two more times while allowing it to dry in between coats.
5. Once completely dry, spray it with the acrylic sealer.
6. Once the coaster is sealed and dry, cut small circles of felt pads to stick under the ceramic coaster.
TWIST: Make it magnet by glueing strong magnets instead of felt at the back of the tiles!
Check out what the others have done: