A bedroom is not only for sleeping but also for resting your tired body, releasing your inner deepest thoughts that no one suppose to know, and find the next inspiration.
What an ideal bedroom needs:
- A good bed: Always choose a better mattress even if the price is slightly higher than your other mattress choice. Choosing a good bed will take you a long way.
- Good bed sheets: Better bed sheets are important since you are sleeping on it.
- Pillows: Pick pillows suitable for you. Different people have peculiar taste in pillow choice. Refrain from sleeping on a very soft pillow to avoid neck problems.
- Rugs: Would be nice to have your feet placed on something warm than the hard cold floor first thing in the morning after waking up from a chilly morning.
- Bedside table: Nothing to big or too high. About the same height as your mattress go would be ideal so you would have no problem reaching when you are to tired to get up.
- A good theme: A little splash of colors would be favorable but try to avoid too much colors for your bedroom. The colors would be too heavy and it might stress you out even more or keep you awake.
- A snugly seat (optional)
- An inspirational art piece/quote (optional): Something to inspire to do better the next day so you could wake up feeling good about yourself.
- Tech-free Zone: Although technology help advances human beings in a lot of ways but it still do poorly in the sleeping department. In actuality, sleeping without any technology devices helps improve your sleeping progress.
Just a simple change of décor, increasing or decreasing color palate will make a huge different to your sleep.
In all honestly, a simple bed and a small table next to the bed with simple lighting and gentle use of soft colors is all I need for my bedroom.
How rate you?
Credits to Interior decorating ideas pro