Comfort food is often a a staple diet in the lives of kids. Sometimes, they just isn’t enough for something fancy. Does that mean, comfort food should be dull? Nope, in fact you should take it as a challenge to make it excited for your little ones.
Why not try your hand out on this kid-friendly recipe for Baked Ziti Soup. (Images for illustrations purposes only)
Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Total Time 4 hrs 30 mins
Ingredients And Directions:
– 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
– 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
– 1 tablespoon brown sugar
– 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
– 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
– 1 sweet onion, diced
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 2 cups ziti noodles
– 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
– 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
– 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Stir broth, tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, Italian seasoning blend, salt, and pepper in the insert of a 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in onion and garlic and cover.
Set the slow cooker to low heat for 4 hours. In the last half hour of cooking stir in the ziti, cover and continue cooking until the timer goes off.
Stir the basil into the soup and break up any ziti that is stuck together.
Divide between 4 bowls and top with cheese and parsley.