Are you feeling reluctant to throw away your favourite perfume bottles (or any pretty bottles actually)? If you’ve landed on this page, chances are you’ve definitely decided to keep the bottles for a long time. Today’s upcycling project is to upgrade your old, favourite bottle into your very own soap dispenser!
Here’s what you need to make the magic happen!
- An empty and cleaned bottle
- Soap Dispenser/ Pump (you can reuse the old ones!)
- Hand soap or shampoo
- Drill, size of the drill bit depends on your bottle and pump
Now for the actual magic!
1. Ensure the width of your pump, the opening of the bottle and the cork fits together well.
2. Depending on the cork you chose, you may need to cut the cork into two.
3. Drill a hole through the cork accordingly. You may need to drill the hole bigger at the bottom of the cork so the larger part of the pump can go through.
4. Drill a hole through the smaller cork for the tube of the pump to go through.
5. Slide each piece of cork onto the pump until both are pushed as close as possible to the pump.
6. Use a funnel to pour soap into your bottle.
7. Push down the pump until the cork seals the opening of the bottle.
Voila! You made your own soap dispenser!
All images are from The DIY Playbook.